Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Do you need an attitude adjustment??

The control center of your live is your attitude.
Anonymous
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
First off want to give a 'shout out'' to our Sister Friend Sally, in Wisconsin. Yesterday was her weight in and if you read her e-mail yesterday, they you all know, ''she knocked it right out of the park", with her weight loss. Just 5 pounds and some change from her goal weight. Congrats Sally.
What kind of attitude do you have this morning? Wait, I know, no one is up at this time checking their attitude, but me, ha. Even through our weight loss journey, we have to at times needed to ''chek our attitudes" at the door. At times we approach the scale on Saturday morning already knowing ''oh my I have had a bad week, so what's the use?" When in reality, we should be thinking, ''had a bad week, but today I get to start fresh, and the scale is just giving me my starting point."
Not too may years ago I was on yet another ''DIET'' and was a member of an online forum. I got to know several people from there, and I always will remember this one lady saying, ''I had to give up alcohol, due to I was an alcoholic, I had to give up pain killers I got hooked on those, now I'm overweight and I have to give up food, cause I don't want to control that." Bad attitude right there.
There have been times I have made the statement, ''food has always been my drug of choice." Like alcohol & drugs, food does not judge you. So what if everyone else was ready to judge me, my half gallon of ice cream, only soothed my pain. I have never been an alcohol drinker, and I have never taken drugs, but everyone knows that I didn't hit the 327 pound mark by having a good relationship and attitude where food is concerned.
This morning I woke up tired, and my attitude, was of the whining variety, ''I don't want to get up and go to the gym, I want to go back to sleep." I know myself way too well to know rolling over and going back to sleep would have only added to my bad attitude due too, when I did wake up probably 30 minutes later, then I would be mad at myself due to I would be having to rush to get to the gym. So my attitude was to kick that thought out of my head and think, ''oh boy, a nice strong cuppa of coffee, that is what I get."
As I have said many times, and going to say it again. I don't think losing all this weight has really changed me that much, but it sure has changed my attitude about things. Attitude is a lot of this journey. The attitude of knowing your worth the effort, knowing you can do this even if it takes you longer than it did someone else. Remember, there in no expiration date on Weight Watchers!
So what kind of attitude are you going to be carrying around today? Will it be one of hope and desire to buckle down and do this program like it should be done? Or are you going to continue to tell yourself, ''I have given up so much already?" Remember the choice is yours.
Wishing Everyone a Great day,
Much Love to All,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment