Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Friend Are Family

Friends are the siblings God forgot to give us.
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
Bob survived the night the Sister Weight Watcher Friends Forever. As Jenny, Lisa (Love's wife) & Jana can agree, he (Bob) was fading fast. :) Bob wanted me to tell you all how much he enjoyed your being here, and now he will be able to put faces with the names when I am talking about you.
I am passing on the gym this morning due to sore feet and legs. At the end of yesterday I had a grand total of 12.5 miles in. Four of those were done on the elliptical yesterday morning, but the 8.5 was done going like a chicken with her head cut off getting ready for a very fun evening. I so enjoyed having everyone here, and we are going to do it again, but next time it will be pot luck. Everyone bring something they make with the recipe to share, and Randy has already volunteered to bring the yogurt/cool whip free treats.
I will print out the recipes and bring them Saturday, had planned on getting that done before everyone got here yesterday, but ran out of time. I know another excuse, ha. Now if anyone would like these recipes and won't be there this Saturday let me know, send me your snail mail address and I will mail them to you. Even if you didn't get to come, and you saw the menu for last night and are interested same deal.
I do think that "Friends are the siblings God forgot to give us". I've always called Lisa (Love's wife) my sister, and Jenny has been like a sister to me for years, then I have my TISSter in Oregon, and there is Sally who at times we are sister's and other times I have to become the Mom, even though Sally has a great Mom, I tend to take over that duty when she comes for a visit. ha Sally is a hard child to control, its take two of us. ha ha.
We may all come and go from Weight Watchers, but I do know one thing for sure, if that ever happens to me, I will never ever forget the wonderful friends I have made from my Saturday morning Weight Watchers meeting. So I look at my Weight loss journey as a double benefit....not only have I lost weight, and am on my 5th week of maintenance, but due to my being overweight, this is how I have met each and everyone of you and have come to love you with all my heart.
Wishing Everyone a wonderful day, and thank you all so much for sharing your evening with Bob and I.
Much Love,
Joan & Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment