Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Are you serious?

Are you serious about your weight loss journey?
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
The above is a real question, not a quote I found in a book. But, I feel the question needs to be asked, ''Are you serious about your weight loss journey?" Or are you doing everything in your power to convince yourself you are doing all you can do? Are you sitting on your pity pot for whatever reason, just knowing that the entire world is against you, and no matter what you do or how hard you try things are going not going to change.
I think the questions that I am daring to bring up today need to be asked, and we need to ask them of ourselves. Here is another question, ''why is it we can be on track one week only to fall off the next week?" Are we afraid of success? Or do we feel we are not worthy of looking and feeling better about ourselves?
As for myself, I could find right now 101 excuses to go right over to Bob's box of Russell Stover's, and finish off the rest of it before heading for the gym this morning, but trust me, if I ate the rest of his candy the gym would be the last place I would be planning on going.
As you all should have realized by now as long as I have been doing these daily e-mails the only thing that is really planned is the quote. We are flying by the seats of our britches on these each and everyday. Some days, I get replies, some days I hear nothing from anyone, and those are the days I have to wonder, ''hum whose feelings got trampled on?" So let me say here and now, these e-mails began as a way too keep myself on track. I needed this as a, ''mini meeting". Something to get me through the week until we actually have our real meeting on Saturday. Sure I could find meetings to go to each and everyday, but like everyone else, life gets in my way.
Here I am going out on a limb, but I get the feeling we have lost the excitement we once had. So I have to ask the question, ''where did it go?" Could part of it be that we have lost focus too why we get up every Saturday to get to the 8 a.m. meeting? The premise behind Weight Watchers in not only to teach us how to eat healthy, but also have a group setting to have the support to continue on.
As has been mentioned before, even when you make lifetime its not over. That is when the work increases. Good news is I had a heads up on that one, so I was prepared to have to work harder, and I'm okay with that. But, I want the joy back, I want the feeling I was having, of "oh great its Saturday and I can't wait to see how I've done this week". I cannot blame this lack of enthusiasm on anyone else but myself, I have to look at myself and ask myself all these same questions, I have been asking here today. Some I have the answers to , some I am still asking and working on finding the answers.
Just in case anyone has not figured it out yet, "no one can make us do this, we have to want to do this!" We have to become accountable for our own short comings and we have to get back up, dust ourselves off and try again. It is a vicious circle, and even when you get to your goal it never ends we have to look for new goals.
So each day I have to ask myself, ''am I serious about my weight loss journey or am I just taking up space?" Just a few things to think about today.
Much love,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment