Friday, August 21, 2009

The Week in Review.

Patience, persistence and timing reaps rewards.
Anonymous
Good Friday Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
Well we have made it to Friday once again. So let us do a little review of this weeks, e-mails. We have talked about:
How close are you to where you want to be on this weight loss journey?
Are you getting new strength and new hope?
Are you really serious about what your doing?
Are you hitting the floor running toward your goal each day?
and last so far.
Are you at the end or starting on a new beginning?
I have to admit as I look over these things, it gives me even more to focus on, and to think about what my next adventure is going to be. I call it an adventure, due to it sounds more exciting than always using the word ''journey". I think the adventure, for me anyway, comes in each week due to I don't get on my scale here at home, so the adventure is getting on the scale at the meeting each Saturday morning. May sound silly, but you have to go with what works for you.
I hope the e-mails this week have given all of us time to stop, look and listen to our inner voices. I probably should not be saying this, but sometimes we do need to just step back and re-evaluate what we are doing. Maybe we have been more or less doing nothing for the past few weeks, months or even a year or more. I think each of us have to decide ''what is it I really want from this, and just how much work am I actually willing to put into this?" It's not an easy question to have to come face to face with and then we also have to deal with the answer we may get.
For myself, and I still have trouble actually believing I made it to my goal. One thing I do believe with all my heart and that is this, "if it had not been for the constant support I have been given from my sister's at our Saturday morning Weight Watchers meeting, I would have quit a long time ago." We can plan, we can track, we can exercise, we can show up for the meeting, but unless we have a network of good solid people/friends who have our backs, who help to hold us up when we think we can't stand one more minute, who are there for us for the bad stuff in our lives as well as the good stuff. If we did not have each other, then I cannot see how this would ever work and how we could ever be a success at this.
In my eyes we are all a success story, some of us are still adding to that story, but it is still our story and it does not matter how damn long it takes to write it, cause its going to have a great ending, I just know it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment