Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Could Today Be Your Lucky Day??

Forget mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it. Today is your lucky day. Will Durant
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
How many times have we messed up on this or any weight loss journey, and thought ''what's the use''. I don't know for sure, but I bet its has been more times than we care to remember. Sure we are going to make mistakes...we are human. There will be times we will think of ourselves as failures. To me the only way anyone can be a failure at anything is if they decide to no longer try.
The amazing thing about this life is that each day we are given a brand new 24 hours. We can do anything we want with these 24 hours, due to those hours are a gift, we do not have to give them back. Just don't do as I did yesterday and sit in the house watching it rain, taking many trips to our kitchen to forge something to graze on, and then this morning have this feeling of, ''I don't want to go to the gym", (insert your whiney voice there).
Yesterday my grazing was not due from not having a plan. I had my menu all ready for yesterday, but it was something to do with all that rain coming down and all I wanted to do was eat, and that was what I did yesterday, I ate the entire day. I did not eat anything that was not on my plan, but I did just eat way too much of what was on my plan. Good news is I get a ''do over'' today. I have a new 24 hours and of course my first thing to do is get this e-mail off to everyone, then the gym will be my next calling. You never know I may even work a walk in at the Mall this morning after getting Bob ready for the day.
If your week has been a bit undesirable, remember today begins a new 24 hours, make good use of it, and you never know , ''today may well be your lucky day."
Stay Strong,
Much Love to all,
Joan

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you 100% about having that 24 hour gift or do over. Being aware of your rainy day moments are the most important part of the weight lost program. Enjoy yourself and continue to press on. Good luck because life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post - love the positive attitude! :D

    ReplyDelete