Wednesday, August 12, 2009

It is Possible.

Start by doing what is necessary; then do what is possible & suddenly you are doing the impossible.
St. Francis of Assisi
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
A couple of things to mention here this morning. First off Nancy (TISSter) is getting to come home today from the hospital. So that must mean she is doing well. Also our Jenny is leaving today for Florida, she is doing a talk over the weekend with some Artsy friends and even though it will be nerve racking, I know Jenny will do great. Safe trip Jenny.
Has anyone ever told you ''you are not going to be able to do that?" Or better yet, have we told ourselves that. Oh yeah, seeing lots of hands going up on that one. The kicker to al of this, is ''how do these people know we can't do something?" Is it due to they have tried and failed? How do we know ourselves we can't do something until we give it our best shot? I think the reason we are so quick to say, ''I can't do that", is due to we look at the what ever it is we are trying to do in the big picture form, instead of taking it in small easy to handle steps. Breaking it down, and taking it little by little.
Our weight loss journey can be this way. As I have mentioned before there was no way I could look at all the poundage I had to lose, way too overwhelming. So I began with what was necessary for me, and that was breaking the poundage down to what was not so scary. I began with just a goal of losing 10 pounds, found out that was possible, moved on too the next 10 pounds, and the next thing I knew I had lost 50 pounds. It took me a while too continue to lose, part of it was due to just the normal slow down of weight loss, part of it was getting too comfortable at my new smaller size and not working as hard. Then the light bulb came on and next thing I knew I was doing what I had always not only been told, but thought was the impossible.
The work is still not over. Those of us that have reached our goal know that it is a daily battle of finding the right mix of points to maintain our goal weight. But, we know it can be done. Its possible, not impossible.
Being in the right mindset, meetings, tracking, activity, being honest with yourself, and having our Sister Weight Watcher Friends Forever at hand. To me these are just some of the key things we need to do to make what seems impossible, possible.
Wishing Everyone A Great Day,
Much Love,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment