Monday, August 10, 2009

Plant something Positive.

Plant positive thoughts in your mind and expect a harvest of great possibilities. Anonymous.
Good Monday Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
Want to give an update on Nancy (my TISSter in Oregon). I actually got to talk with her yesterday, she sounds great, but she didn't think she would get to go home yesterday as first planned. I think its best she stays in the hospital for a few more days. When I spoke with her around 12:30 our time, since Thursday night, all she had gotten to eat was a cup of coffee, some clear broth and a couple little jell-o cups. So as I told Nancy, sure bet that scale is showing a lower number now. Nancy told me to pass alone to all of you, her thanks for all the prayers and thoughts that were sent her way.
Trying to plant some positive here this morning. :) Loved the above quote when I saw it I thought, ''this is a weight loss quote if I ever saw one." We have all been around people that are what I like to call the ''nay-sayers'' about almost everything that comes out of their mouths. Those are the people that I want to wrap the yellow caution tape around and put a few of those orange cones around as well. Even doing all of that, there are times they can still creep into ''our space", that is when we need the duct tape for their mouths. :)
I think being on a weight loss program is hard enough. But, to have to listen to others give you negative feedback well, that is just the pits. I have told you all before that I've had trainers from Urban Active actually tell me, ''that Weight Watchers program doesn't work." Now the entire time, they are looking at the picture of me when I weighed 327 pounds. Do I think that Weight Watchers is some magic plan, heavens no, far from that. I do however, think any plan whether it is Weight Watcher, or one your doctor may have you on, if you do not work that plan in a positive manner, then ''no, its not going to work." I was talking with someone yesterday and was asked, "what do you contribute your weight loss success too, self-discipline, food choice or portion control?" My reply to that question was this, ''Not only did it take all three of those, but it also took my having to up my activity, making sure I tracked everything, going to meetings cause that is the place I have the most positive network and keeping a positive attitude."
I have never believed that there is just one or two things that help us to get to our goal. Just like there are many things that have to help us to maintain after we get to our goal. I believe a good attitude is as important as all the activity, all the food tracking, and all the meetings we attend. Without a good positive attitude, we will not last long on this weight loss journey. Do or say something POSITIVE to yourself today.
Wishing Everyone a Great Monday,
Much Love,
Joan

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the plant. I will let it grow. I agree with you on being positive. In the past I have had negative thoughts about dropping weight and how to keep it off. I have realized that it takes time to change and that goes for negative talking people as well. I have learned to stay focus and continue to follow my dreams. Thank you for sharing your blog.

    ReplyDelete