Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It could be that last ounce you've been waiting for.

It's usually that last ounce of effort that tips the scales of success.
Anonymous
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
I was afraid there might not be a early morning e-mail today due to we lost power last night, when the storm came through. We lost power around 8 p.m., and it came back on around 11 p.m., I have to be honest part of me was happy about the power being out cause my thoughts were, ''oh good, I can't get the car out to go to the gym in the morning". Power is on, and I am dressed for the gym. So I am putting forth an effort.
I think we have all been to that place where we just feel we cannot go on any longer. The scale is not moving, we have lost all motivation, we are using only negative talk on ourselves. We view ourselves as the lowest form of life there is, all due to we are struggling.
I think these are the times when we need to step back and re-group. I think we need too think about what we really want. Maybe we need to re-evaluate what our goals really are. Maybe we need to re-think the reason we are trying to lose our weight. Those are the things I can come up with and I bet there are other things each of you can come up with on why your not getting to where you say you want to be. So what is holding you back?
Look back at the last 8 months. Back in January did you set yourself a goal to be at a certain place on your journey by now? Where are you right now on this journey? Are you moving toward that goal each week, or have you just been spinning your wheels? Have you been making excuses and convincing yourself you have done all you can do? I know, we go out we get in our activity, but then we come home a eat a jar of peanut butter. Serving size is 2 TBSP. not an entire jar. So really doesn't matter that we walked from here to Spinghurst, or we feel as if we walked that far. If we come back home and continue to screw up what we just did, then the results are going too be the same. As we all know too lose weight we have to burn more calories than we are taking in. At some point today, I say stop and think about what you are doing.
Not always is it we are doing something wrong, there are times our body is trying to tell us, ''take me in for the 3000 mile check-up". So if you feel as if you are doing all you can do, maybe it is time to make that doctor's appointment and get checked out.
Don't give up, that is not an option. You never know that last ounce of effort maybe just what it take to push to too that goal.
Wishing Everyone a Wonderful Day,
Much Love,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment