Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I am a Survivor.

"Every Morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning the lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter if you are a lion or a gazelle - when the sun comes up, you'd better be running." Unknown
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
Now I ask does the above quote not just make all the sense in the world? So how did it go yesterday, were you able to give any thought to the question yesterday about being serious about your weight loss journey? I know some of you did, due to I got e-mails, and I thank you for the replies. Some of you may still be pondering the question, and if you are just know that you have a whole slew of sister's here and each and everyone of us have your back.
I've had several things to more or less make me stop breathing this week. Now when I say this I don't mean I am physically not breathing and turning blue. But, I do become overwhelmed and end up having to make a phone call and have someone tell me, ''just remember breath. In with the good out with the bad." Thanks Sally. :)
What happens when we let ourselves become overwhelmed with the things of everyday life, not to mention the extra's that we put on ourselves. We tend to turn to comfort, and with people like us it normally is food. So this is another reason I have to get up and hit the ground running. I have to do something to make sure I'm not just standing with my head in the pantry, or the fridge eating with both hands. Each morning I have the gym, and on some days, I actually run over to the mall and get a walk in there as well. If I don't have some distraction, then the next thing I know I'm going to be back to having that torrid affair with Russell, Ben & Jerry, and trust me, I DO NOT want to go back to those guys. I have had to find something to replace the need and desire to eat without control when I have that feeling of being overwhelmed. So right now I have the neatest and most organized walk-in closet anyone could hope for. Also I am finding things in that closet that I had forgotten I even had.
I do not know of anyone that their life is not hectic in some way or other. Maybe your a caregiver for your spouse as I am, maybe your the caregiver for your parents. Whatever it maybe I know we all can become overwhelmed and that is when we need to just take a little time for ourselves. It maybe nothing more than making time for a walk, locking ourselves in a room with a book and a cup of tea for an hour. I found out recently that I have to be selfish, otherwise I am not going to be any good to Bob or myself, and yes Bob needs me to be tip top for him, but you know I owe it to myself to be tip top for me. So I get up early and I hit the ground running cause I am, like all of you a survivor.

No comments:

Post a Comment