Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thursday

If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it.
Mary Engelbreit
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
It seems there are many struggling right now, for so many different reason. Children leaving the nest, things in our personal lives not being just were we would like, maybe you have a loved one your caring for. There is always something to attribute to the struggles we have, whether it is with our weight loss adventure of just struggling through life in general. That is why I liked the above quote.
If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it. Our adventure is at least 85% mental. If we don't think we can do this, then it is a pretty sure bet we won't be able to succeed.
We don't like tracking. Well, we have been given other options for that other than actually writing it down in the little book. There is the clicker, there is the fast track in the back of our tracker, there is the e-tool's if you have the internet. Don't get me wrong there may actually be some people that can keep track in their heads, but I know for sure I am not one of those, due to way too much other stuff in my head.
We don't like exercise/activity. Notice how much better you feel after you have gotten in your walk, your gym workout, whatever it is you do to be able to add those activity points. I just don't have time. If you have time to sit and read this, then you had time to take a quick walk or even jog in place.
I don't like all those vegetables. I'm with you on that one, but you know what, I have for years had broccoli barred from even being brought into my house. Until, the latest edition of the w.w. magazine came out. There was a coupon for the Green Giant Single Serve microwable vegetables in there. Well the only thing my Kroger had to offer was the broccoli and cheese. Yes, I bought it. Hey I had a dollar off coupon :). The amazing thing is I found out, I LIKED IT!!!!!!!!!!! One evening I did one baked potato and split it between Bob and I, I nuked the broccoli and cheese thing and dumped that on my potato, and guess what, I HAD TWO VEGETABLE SERVINGS RIGHT THERE. The important thing is it was good. This year I have found out the same thing about sweet potatoes, never liked them, and there is a story behind why I never liked them, but I tried them again, and with some spray butter and splenda brown sugar, you have a very nice dessert there.
I don't like getting up early to go to meetings. Then find a later meeting. Trust me it won't be as much fun and entertainment as our Saturday morning meeting, but it is a solution.
I hate getting on the scale. Well who doesn't especially if its been a week that you know you were not as good as you should have been. Think of the scale for what it is. It is something to give you information. It may not be the information you want, but at least you will know what has to be done.
I feel deprived. Why? There is nothing you cannot have on Weight Watchers, but you do....and if we had been doing this all alone we wouldn't need Weight Watchers or anything else.....have to watch portions, and make sure you have points to cover yourself.
There is something about everything that we all don't like, but we have the ability to look for change. All changes won't work for all of us. We each have to find what works best for us.
Make it a good day,

No comments:

Post a Comment