Sunday, August 9, 2009

Difficult times.

When we long for life without difficulties, reminds us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure. Peter Marshall
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F. ( Weight Watcher Friends Forever),
Want to begin today's e-mail with a welcome to yet another new member on our daily e-mail list. We have another Rebecca with us. Rebecca Wilson, and Rebecca lives in Colorado. So ladies we are trying to cover the map. Welcome Rebecca and feel free to chime in at anytime. You will find this group to be very supportive, and loving.
We are beginning another new week here. School will be starting for Jefferson County this coming Thursday. Teachers our prayers go with you. A teaching profession, I think, would have to be the world's most difficult job. So for all you teachers out there thank you for what you do. OK, I know by my writing you cannot tell I ever entered a school, but I did. ha.
Here we go. Anyone having or have been having a hard time with their weight loss program? No, not a trick question. Today's quote was loaned to me by our Becky (teacher's pet) :) great quote cause in our family we were told that things that were hard just made you stronger. Never knew that was true until I got older.
Today I pick on our Lisa (Love's wife). Lisa, like myself has been struggling for sometime with gaining pound and then losing a few pounds, only the next week to repeat the same cycle. Recently her doctor told her to ''this week just count calories". So our Sister Lisa counted calories, that first week, I believe the weight loss was 2.4 pounds. This week our Sister Lisa continued to count calories, and track her food and was down another 1 pound and some change. Lisa's words and I quote, ''who would have know that tracking really works?" Lisa and the rest of us have known tracking works, but sometimes we are just too bull headed to take the time to write it down. Calculating in our heads might work for one meal, but if your trying to do this for the entire day, trust me you are going to really fall short.
I had a thought yesterday and shared it with another one of our Sister Girlfriend's, and here is my thought. We have no problem getting a walking buddy, exercise buddy, someone to help keep us accountable for getting out and getting in our activity. So here is a thought, if your having trouble tracking, then why not find a tracking buddy. Fill out your tracker each week, and ask someone that you feel will be honest with you and ask them to take your tracker each week and review it. To see what you are eating. Now here again, you have to track and you have to be honest about what you write down. Sometimes we just need that accountability to someone else. Its like I have heard Toni say many times, "at the end of the day does anyone pat you on the back when you have filled your tracker out?" As a rule we are the only ones patting ourselves on the back for that job, and sometimes we could use a little extra back patting from someone else. So just a thought, and as I said I think it would be a great way to actually get some feedback if you have stalled or even new ideas.
No one said this was going to be easy, but we are strong like the mighty oak tree, and we are as beautiful as those diamonds. So this week I say we just show ourselves how really strong we are, by taking things One Day At A Time.
Wishing Everyone a Wonderful Sunday,
Much Love,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment