Thursday, August 20, 2009

Is it the End or Just the Beginning??

What appears to be the end may really be a new beginning.
Unknown.
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
The question I am about to ask came from someone else's meeting, but I liked it so well I thought "today I shall borrow that question."
If you fell down one step would you just keep on until you fell down all of them or would you get up and then move on?
I pretty well know the answers I would get, but it is something to think about, and also how it falls right in there with our daily weight loss journey. We stumble by getting into those trigger foods we all seem to have. We allow something to upset us. A lot of times it is just that life gets in the way of our good intentions. The important thing is if we do stumble on that first step and fall, we need to get ourselves back up as quickly as possible and move on carefully.
It's hard, and we all know that it is. There does not seem to be a magic pill as of yet. Even though nearly everyday you can turn on the TV and hear some very sleek, well built person telling us about this amazing program that will just have the fat melting off of you while you eat whatever, whenever, and as much of your favorite foods as you like. It's one of those ''if its sounds to good to be true, then it probably is."
We are all going to have days, sometimes even weeks when we just cannot seem to get back into the groove of eating on plan. Sometimes we just have to ''get it out of our system". Maybe we've been doing this so long we feel we just need a break. Now don't get me wrong I'm not telling anyone to quit Weight Watchers, but what I am saying is this, ''maybe you do need to step back and look at all the reason's you started this weight loss journey to begin with." I think this journey is like just about anything and everything else we do, there are times we need a break. However, the break does not mean we throw caution to the wind and move our reading lamp into a Baskin Robbins. Maybe you just need to re-evaluate your goal, have you ever thought that maybe your goal is set too low and if you are struggling to either get there or stay there, this could be the reason. The most of us on here are older, and why on earth would we even think about wanting to weigh what we did when we were in our teens and twenties. Things change, our bodies change. Now after I wrote that about not weighing what we did in our teens and twenties, well to be quite honest, I weight a whole lot less now than I ever did in my teens or twenties. But, I am maintaining , and my weight is not Weight Watcher BMI, it's Joan and her doctor's recommended weight, its something I feel I can live with and maintain without having to live on water and toothpicks, and so far it is working.
So have you fallen down a step or maybe even two? Are you going to continue the free fall? Or are you going to make today your new beginning? We all have choices, just make sure you make the one that is best for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment