Friday, August 7, 2009

Scratching Away.

The secret to success is to start from scratch and keep on scratching.
Dennis Green
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
Today is my TISSter Nancy's big day. Her surgery is scheduled for noon Pacific time 3 p.m. Louisville time. TISS, I know your going to do just fine.
There seems to be a lot of struggling with our eating this week. Could be just getting off vacation, that is always a let down. It can also just be the hustle and bustle of everyday life. For me on Tuesday it was the weather. Rainy days, when I don't want to get out and about, and trust me Tuesday was not a day to be out and about, all I want to do is eat. Don't have to be hungry, but I guess its I feel comforted by the food.
When I saw the above quote, I realized that is the answer. We have to start from scratch. Begin at the beginning. Get out that collection of books we have been given, blow the dust off of them, and begin re-reading, or dare I say ''read them for the very first time". Does not matter if you have or have not read the books, it never hurts to go back and review. If you have never looked through these books you are missing some really good recipes, plus helpful idea.
Maybe it is time to start from scratch. Going back to spending a longer time in the grocery store, reading those labels, not just grabbing what you ''think'' might be points friendly. We probably need to get back to the portion control as well. I think the only food I can actually hit right at a 1/2 cup without the measuring cup is the Fiber One cereal. Can't tell you how many time I have poured that into a bowl then decided, "I should measure that", and it will be exactly 1/2 cup.
One that I have to always measure is my fat free half and half I put in my morning coffee. I could have a good 1/4 cup in my first cup of coffee if I am not careful.
I know, I know, we will go kicking and screaming cause we have to start over, but if we want to be a success or continue being at our goal weight, then starting from scratch may well be just what has to be done. Trust me we will be ''scratching'' many times while on this journey.
Wishing Everyone a Great Day,
Much Love,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment