Wednesday, September 9, 2009

09-09-09.....Wednesday

A true friend knows your weaknesses, but shows you your strengths; feels your fears but fortifies your faith; sees your anxieties but frees your spirit; recognizes your disabilities but emphasizes your possibilities.
William Arthur Ward
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.
If I said, I was tired, that would be such an understatement. I was up yesterday morning from 3 a.m. until I finally put my book down and went to sleep by a quarter of 9. Thinking the entire time, ''the morning's e-mail is going to be late today." I woke up bright eyed at 2:45 a.m. have had my shower, have my coffee and....well you can figure out the rest.
Mercy, what would we do without our friends? We have all had those that have been referred to as ''Fair Weather Friends", and I think we need those from time to time, so we can appreciate a real, true friend. I consider all of you my friends, some I will always be much closer to than others, but we are still friends. We try our best to hold one another up when our lives seem to be falling down around us.
This week, things are really wild around here, and the good news is I have my best friend here and she and I are keeping one another in check, but Sally has extra duty cause she has to keep me from over doing on activity points by not allowing me to do bodily harm to some of the family that is showing up. A whole other story there.
Stress, can cause you to dive face first into that vat of ice cream, but is that really going to solve anything? Not unless, I can hold certain peoples face down in that vat until they stop kicking :), so staying away from that. Russell, has not called my name either, so that is a good thing, Papa John has been taken off speed dial. Yesterday we stopped at Starbucks and got us a 2 points iced coffee thing, and after we drank it we both found out, it did not agree with us. So won't do that again. We went to Sam's yesterday, and all that Halloween candy, oh my, but we came home with grapes that are so big and sweet we are calling them ''mini watermelons'', beautiful blueberries, and grape tomatoes. No cakes, cookies, candy, ice cream, nothing that we think would calm our stress, soothe our hurt feelings, and for a brief moment make the whole world seem right.
We all have that special someone that we call when our world seems to be falling down around us. We need our friends. For me, if it were not for you all, I can honestly tell you ''there is no way I would have stayed with Weight Watchers this long." It all comes down to being there for each other. Some of us never see or even talk with each other until Saturday when we meet up at the meeting, some of us do keep in contact through out the week. Of course you all hear from me everyday via the e-mail, but I don't think we really realize just how important each of us are to one another. So this morning, before I go for my second cup of coffee, I just want to say, ''Thank You ", I could not have gotten this far on my adventure/journey without your friendship and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment