Tuesday, September 15, 2009

09-14-09....Monday

Be around people who can keep your energy and inspiration high. While you can make progress alone, it's so much easier when you have support. Dr. Joe Vitale
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
Here we are back to Monday again, and what a week it was. This is why the above quote was meant for today. Have to say if it had not been for the support I get from all of you, no way on earth would I have been able to get up our of bed this morning and feel good about my eating over the weekend, even though there were some aspects of my eating and drinking that could have used a bit more moderation. But, last week is over and done with, Bob's party is history, the house is back in order, except the carpets are going to have to be cleaned, and I have finally come to terms with the Bob-O-Bed may always just be a pipe dream, and now it's time to get back down to the business at hand, and that is taking care of myself.
I have to surround myself with people that are going to lift me up when I am down, I have to surround myself with people that have known the same struggles that I have, especially with my eating. This is why I just cannot miss my weekly meetings, and I believe this is why I feel these morning e-mails are so important. There is no way that we all can be positive and be the cheerleader at the same time. So we have a mix, some weeks we are being cheered for, some weeks we are doing the cheering for others, and then there are those weeks, we look at these happy, cheering fools, and hope they swallow a fly. Yeah, it happens, no matter how much we want to be happy for someone else's success, that little green eyed monster shows up at our door. But, you know that is okay too, it is part of life.
A few years ago there was this song out, ''DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY", I loved that song as long as my day was going good, but let that thing be playing on a bad day, and the radio got thrown right out the back door, ha. It is the same way with weight loss, as long as we are losing right alone with everyone else we are happy, but if we begin to struggle while everyone else seems to continue to move downward, then that is when the our plan gets thrown out.
We need our support system, and as you all know our meetings are a great place to find that support, as coming by each day here is for me. No matter how hard we try we will have those days, weeks, months sometimes even years that we just cannot seem to get it right. So surround yourself with people and things that will be of support to you. This is hard work, I don't care what anyone says, and when you stray just a bit, like I did over the weekend, then it's twice as hard to get back down to business. It would have been so easy for me to rolled over and went right back to sleep, my head is stuffy, my nose is plugged, and my throat is sore, so I have all the excuses, for not getting back to the gym today. But, that is just what they are excuses. I was off all last week from the gym, but still got in plenty of activity points, but I need the accountability of the gym to be sure I am living up to what I try to encourage each of you to do each and every day, and that is, ''work hard, you are worth it"!

No comments:

Post a Comment