Monday, September 28, 2009

09-28-09.....Monday

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."
Anonymous
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
Hope everyone had a nice weekend, and you have to admit, yesterday you could really feel Fall in the air. Love it. Spring and Fall my two most favorite times of the year. Rebirth in the Spring, and slowing down in the Fall. Or at least that is how I've always viewed it.
Do you ever feel as if you have done everything by the book and nothing is working in your favor, not even that little metal box? There are times we have to just sit down with a sheet of paper and list the things we are doing. Your tracking your food, you can check that off, you are following the healthy guidelines, you can check that one off as well. Then we get into our sleeping patterns and our stress levels. Now those can be hard to check off. As everyone knows, I am an early riser, have always been that way, but I am also one that has to have her sleep, may not be a lot of sleep, but I have to have it each night otherwise, I begin to hit that invisible wall. I also have to have at least an 30-40 minutes after getting Bob in bed for the night, to just get myself calmed back down. I used to watch TV before going to sleep, and I have stopped that....except for Tuesday night....and I have to say I sleep so much better. I have since May begun reading those last 30 minutes or so before calling it a night. I am getting a much better nights sleep and I have found I actually enjoy reading, something I was never that crazy about before.
We are all going to have stress in our lives. If its not caused by our immediate family, then our extended families find ways to help out with that one. So hard to try and tell people that there are other ways to deal with stress other than eating. We have talked about calling a friend, we normally don't even thing about that until we have already consumed way too much. Go for a walk, there again, maybe after we have tried to relieve our stress with food, but going for a walk is still good, even if you have over indulged.
Life happens, and something's we can avoid, but there are other things, like sickness, death and taxes that we have no control over. But, we cannot just sit there, we have to move off the track otherwise we will get run over. Moving, there is a key to a better lifestyle. Make a habit of moving a little more each and everyday, you will be amazed at the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment