Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September 1, 2009

Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.
Lance Armstrong
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
I've had this quote saved for sometime, and after watching the Ironmen & women Sunday (on TV), I have to say, what I think is exercising, would be those men and women taking a nap. I just cannot get my head around anyone with such a burning desire to get out every single day and work that hard to compete in something so grueling. I saw the interview of one of the top people and he told of how many of these things he does each year, plus he has a full time job, that he works 10-12 hours a day. Now this is the person I have to wonder ''when do you sleep?"
The other day Bob's oldest, Kevin sent me a video clip of this little boy playing in the baseball tournament. The little 8 year old boy from here in Kentucky, has only one leg, due to he had cancer and had to have his left leg amputated. To watch this child run the bases on one leg is so amazing. I know I sent some of you this same video. But, it got me to thinking, how there are so many time, we whine about the small stuff, the things that in the big scheme of things, mean nothing really, except to us, they seem important. This young man could have chosen never to live his life, but as his father was quoted, ''Adam pops out of bed and goes full steam from the time he get out of bed until he falls back into bed, wanting to do everything."
When I watch this video, when I hear of all the training these people have gone through to get to the Ironman competition. I think this, ''what I do each day is very little, but I am doing something."
Thank goodness I do not have to try and compete with anyone else.
I think that is what our requirement should be, is we do something. We at least make an effort, not throwing up our hands and crying I can't do this, especially before we even get started. Yes, tracking a drag, eating a portion instead of the whole bag/box is a drag, sometimes the meetings can be a drag, only because we are not in the right frame of mind, trust me getting up and going out to get in a not so warm pool this morning is really going to be a drag. But all of this is just temporary. We have choices, so which choice will you make today?

No comments:

Post a Comment