Tuesday, September 8, 2009

September 08, 2009

The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving.
Johann Wolfgang Goethe
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
I do hope everyone had a wonderful and safe Labor Day weekend. Mine and The Bob's was very relaxed. On Saturday we went for a drive to the cemetery, where Mildred (Bob's first wife and the son's Mother) is buried, as is Bob's oldest sister Mary Louise. Mary Louise and her husband are up on the hill of this small cemetery, so as Bob sits in the van at the bottom of the hill, and prays ,I trek up the hill to say HI to Mary Louise. I always tell Mary Louise when I get to her site, ''got me some activity points" and I know that would crack her up.
Where are you standing on your weight loss adventure/journey today. I keep hearing in my head, Barbara's voice from Saturday saying, ''live in the moment". So if the weekend was what you feel was a total bust, too much to eat, drink, too much merriment, well that is just that. The weekend, yesterday, the last official holiday of Summer. Today is your new day. Today is your starting point ; if you need somewhere to start. You have to know what direction you are headed, is the next 3-4 months going to be 1 good week, 12 weeks of asking yourself, ''why do I even try?"
I took the traveling tracker this past Saturday, not that I had plans of using it, as you all know I'm an avid tracker, I know I can hear the groans from here, lol lol, but for me tracking the same thing as having to take a daily pill . I know tracking is going to make me more aware of what I am doing throughout the day, just like my daily hormone replacement meds have helped Bob to be able to make it to his 90th birthday. ha ha. Anyway, I digress, I took the tracker not for myself, but for Sally who arrived yesterday afternoon. Sally is like our Jennifer, so darn close to goal, and would it not just be totally mind boggling if both these ladies made goal this weekend!!!! Just a thought, no pressure :), but I will be bringing my camera. :)
Sally wants to make sure she stays focused and with all we have going on here at the McAdams Manor this week, from people arriving into town, to major Bob-O-Bed re-vamping going on, to decorating, grocery shopping, making sure I don't have to do bodly harm to some , and having a dinner on Friday night for what family that will be in Louisville. Yep, we are going to be pretty wild and crazy around here, and we have to know what direction we are going in, and the one direction Sally and I both want to continue is the one with our weight loss adventure/journey. So we have a plan, we are taking a stand, and we are heading in the right direction. So come on, get up, get yourself in the right frame of mind, and begin today doing what you know needs to be done so you will be closer to the end result you are looking for. Nothing you can do about this past weekend, nothing you can do about the last holiday of the Summer. But, today is the day you can begin to change everything, today is the clean slate day. Don't waste it, make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment