Tuesday, September 22, 2009

09-22-09 First Day Of Fall

"Look at everything as though your are seeing it for the first time, with the eyes of a child, fresh with wonder. Joseph Cornell
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
Want to welcome Clare & Rhonda back. It maybe today that Clare gets back home, but Rhonda was suppose to arrived yesterday. You two were missed, and now our gal pal Cara is gearing up for a vacation.
The quiz I sent around yesterday, I found it on the Weight Watchers website. If you read the quiz then you know it was about going back to the basics, going back asking yourself, ''why did I begin this journey?" I believe that one of the best ways to get back on track to get motivated again is to just, ''begin at the beginning." Very simple. Go back even if you need to stay and have the program explained to you again, nothing wrong with that. Are you still reading labels like you did in the beginning, where are those measuring cups and spoons? These are the things I can think of just off the top of my head, and I bet each and every person that reads this, can think of a few on their own.
Yesterday I wrote about dreams and how really they are the blueprint for our journey we are on. Today, is for looking at things in a new light. Looking at this program as we have never seen it before, going on line, checking out the Weight Watcher website, amazing information can be found there as well as new ideas and new recipes, talking to our Sister Weight Watcher buddies.
I stumbled, crawled alone not even half way doing the program like it was written. I did the first year and a half, but after that I became lazy, I decided I had a better way of doing this, and if any of you have gone that route, you know what my next line will be, ''it did not work." Earlier this year, I came to the conclusion I had to buckle down and work this program as it was meant to be worked, not Joan's program. Hey, let's face it, Joan's program was not working, nor had it ever worked. I had to get excited again, and I see that same thing in some of you, ''the thrill is gone." We tend to work the program as if we were robotic. Same thing, day in and day out. No wonder when we fall off the wagon it is usually with such a thud it can be heard for miles.
Life is hard no matter how happy we maybe, and I found this quote that was written by Jim Valvano, he was at one time a basketball coach for North Carolina. The quote is about enjoying life, and when I read it, I thought, ''maybe this is part of the problem, we don't enjoy what we are doing anymore."
"I urge all of you to enjoy your life, ever precious moment on this earth. Spend each day with some laughter. Don't be afraid to feel...to get your emotions going. Be enthusiastic, because nothing great can be accomplished without enthusiasm. Live your dreams." Jim Valvano had been given only six months to live when he wrote this.
So what are you going to do? Are you going to look for the things that will get you excited again? Get our those picture of yourself when you were a smaller size, remember how great you felt? Put that picture where you will see it everyday, and remember, no one can take your dreams away from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment