Tuesday, September 15, 2009

09-15-09............Tuesday

He who has health has hope. And he who has hope has everything. Arabian Proverb
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
First off, I want to report that I had a really good day yesterday. Exercise on the elliptical was done, but I only held out for 45 minutes yesterday, which still gave me 3.50 miles, last night when I took my pedometer off I had over 5 miles on that. Food right on track, at the end of dinner last night I still had 4 points left over so I got a snack before going to bed, which is always nice. So party is over, and I'm back on track.
Good health. Always before when I went on a "diet", it was too look better. So I guess now I can say I have grown up and the vanity part is over with. Due to I look at the health benefits now. I know, I can see some of you out there rolling your eyes, and thinking, ''yeah, if you had seen her Saturday at the party, you would have known it was vanity." ha ha. It's true, Saturday was the first time I think I ever had felt good in my own skin. It's the first time in my life that I was able to look around the room and see ''I was not the biggest person there." I have to admit, that is an awesome feeling. The most amazing thing was, being on my feet all day Saturday, and it not resulting in my lower back being out for a couple of days. That has not happened since I've lost the weight. My legs still swell, but I think I'd have that problem even if I weighted 90 pounds. I am in better health now that I have ever been. In a way it is sad to admit that, due to I have let a lot of years pass me by due to my excess weight. However, nothing I can do about the past, so I am going to just look at the present, and plan for the future.
He who has hope has everything. We could not, I think, continue on this adventure/journey without having the hope of getting to the goals we set for ourselves. I have been so concerned, that I would fall into that trap of, ''now I'm at goal what do I do?" That I would sabotage myself, so I have set myself another goal. That new goal is learning how to swim. I have always wanted to know how to swim. I can't even dog paddle, I can't even float, so this is a real challenge for me, but I am going to give it a try. Just when my lessons will begin, well, I still don't know, but I have taken the first step, I have e-mailed the gym and said, ''I am ready!!!" So I will keep you all posted on that.
So get out there today, and see what you can do to be more healthy, and remember, when you got up this morning and asked yourself, ''do I want to track today", believe it or not, you were hoping for the right answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment