Friday, September 11, 2009

09-11-09 Friday.

If one dream falls and breaks into a million pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again. Flavia Weedn
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
We have finally made it to Friday. Have you ever had a dream and different thing happen and your dream was never able to become a reality? I bet we all have at some time or other in our lives. However, today we are going to be writing about our dream of getting to our goal weight.
So many times we get so very close, and for whatever reason, it begins to slip through our fingers. We sometime want to call it a stall, and sometimes it can be that, but it has been my experience more times than not, the stall is actually caused by our own doing. Calling it a stall instead of just owning up to our own sabotaging, sound much better. I did that. I called it being comfortable, which was true. I was in clothes much smaller than I had worn since I was probably in grade school. So for a year and a half, I teeter tottered between 210-215 pounds. Oh I got as close at 3 pounds from the personal goal (200 pounds) I had set for myself, but then the next week, I'd be right back up to 205 or 208, never allowing myself to get any closer.
I always wondered why. Was it something I was afraid to face? Did I know that even getting to 200 pounds, the only real thing in my life that was going to change was I weighed less? Was it the thought of, ''well, I get to goal then what do I do?" I think, for me, it was a little bit of all those questions. I also believe 3 years ago I would not have been ready to see the actual goal I had set not only for myself, but the goal I had set with Weight Watchers. Losing weight, getting to goal and maintaining is all a mental thing. Trust me, I speak the truth here.
Not long ago if I had been facing a week like I am having right now, I would have done gone through a truck load of ice cream, I would have bought all the candy the store shelves could hold, I would have been stuffing my feelings and disappointments down with food. Instead, this time and here is where the attitude comes in, I know I am as good as the next person, I know I am worth much more than I ever gave myself credit, AND this one you all are really going to find hard to believe......but, I have found my voice. It is ok for me to tell people ''no, that is not going to work for me", it is okay for me to tell people, ''this is my plan, so you can work around me." Always before, I felt as if I had to dance to everyone else's tune, not anymore. I have a voice, I have ideas, and I know I have worth.
So whatever your dream may be or may have been, and if it has fallen and broken into a few pieces, just remember, the dream is not over, pick up a piece of that dream and build on it.
Thanks again for listening to me this week. Bob had a wonderful day yesterday and asked me to tell Lisa B., Randy, Amy, Cara, Jenny, Dana & Rhonda, thank you for the wonderful birthday wishes. Bob's words, ''I am in awe of the wonderful things people do."

No comments:

Post a Comment