Wednesday, September 30, 2009

09-30-09, Wednesday

"Procrastination is attitude's natural assassin. There's nothing so fatiguing as an uncompleted task." Unknown
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
How many times have we been struggling to NOT just sit where we are, but to actually get up and do what needs to be done. Doesn't matter if it has to do with our weight loss journey, or cleaning out our closet's, getting rid of all those ''two big'' things, so we don't have them to fall back on.
We as women seem to have this problem of setting time aside for ourselves. We are there for everyone else, but ourselves. We keep telling ourselves, ''one of these days, I am going to do this or that." So seldom do we ever get that day. We seem to be the caregivers of the world, we take care of our families, if our friends need us, we try to be there for them as well. But, there are times we just need to stop, take a deep breath and do something ''just for us.'' We are worth that effort, and trust me I am the world's worst at not taking time for herself. Now did you really think I liked getting up at dark 30? We need to carve out some time just for us, whether it is to do nothing, but set for a bit and read. We need to recharge our own batteries as well as recharging everyone's around us.
We tell ourselves, I know I should be doing this or that, and if we can't meet our own expectations, then that can be draining. So today make a list, a wish list, of those things you want to do just for you, and make sure you get to check off some of those wishes. For me, I have two wishes on my list right now.
1. Go to the mall for a make over.
2. Begin swimming lessons
Today I am going to the mall for a make over. I have never done this because I felt as if ''I could use that time for something more constructive". I am going to be using that time for something constructive, it's called ''ME''.
The swimming lessons were suppose to begin tomorrow evening, but they have been put off until next Thursday, but you know what, ''they will get checked off my list," then I can add something else to my list.
It is all about taking some time for ourselves, instead of just always saying, ''one of these days I am going to do this or that." Maybe today is the day, you start your list, maybe today is the day you begin to check something off that list. That is your nudge, go for it.

1 comment: