Thursday, September 24, 2009

09-24-09.....Thursday

"I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday"
Unknown
**Don't forget your non-perishable's this week. We are suppose to bring the amount of weight we lose for the week in the form of non-perishable canned goods. I have to bring extra this week due too I have forgotten the past two weeks, so I have to play catch up** Just wanted to remind everyone, it is for a great cause.**
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
Have you ever walked in to your Weight Watchers meeting, got on the scale and uttered the words, ''will I ever get there?" I just bet there is not a one of us, that has not had that thought at some point, and sometime if your in a stall that statement is followed by, ''what's the use?" When I saw the above quote, I thought, ''that should be stuck on every bathroom mirror in every home that has someone doing the program." It is very positive, and you are letting yourself know, I AM NOT GOING TO GIVE UP!!!!!!!!! We are not quitters, we will trip and fall from time to time, we may even think about quitting Weight Watchers, but I always come back to this, ''if we were not doing this program, if we were not getting up to be at our Saturday morning meeting, if we were not touching base with one another through out the week, then where would we be?" Even if there are times we are not the poster child for Weight Watchers, but we still continue to go to our meetings, the thought, idea, dream is still ever present in our minds, that ''someday maybe I will make it to goal."
Just think, if for one full year, you were able to lose just 1 pound per week. I know one pound does not sound like much, BUT, in one year by doing this you would have been able to remove 52 unwanted pounds. One pound per week is doable, it's letting go of 500 extra calories per day cause it takes 3500 calories to make a pound, and 7 times 500 = 3500. Just one pound per week, that is all you have to do. Now if your really gung ho, and go for the 2 pounds per week, well look out you've hit the triple digits.
So many times we think, ''hum, one pound that is not much." However, when it is all added up, it turns into a lot. So you may not be there yet, but if your following the healthy eating guidelines, you are closer than you were yesterday. Stay Strong, Stay focused and the rest will fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment