Thursday, September 17, 2009

09-17-09.....Thursday

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forward.
Kierkegaard
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
I just want to report that I did much better yesterday, and a lot of that it in thanks to my Sister Friends, that came to my rescue. I don't like finding out that I am just like everyone else, I am going to struggle, I am going to fall off that wagon, even get kicked around like a football from time to time. But, I did not have to stay down. Thank you Sally, Dana, Betty, Rebecca, and Cara for helping me over this bad time. Last night I was able to put a star on the calendar for my good choices I made.
'
The above quote is so true in so many aspects of our lives, but it really struck a cord with me where my weight loss journey is concerned. When I/We/You, have a time we are struggling, we can look back and first off figure out what got us off track, then look a little further back to see what was keeping us on track, and then finally and hopefully we can move forward from there.
Rebecca, (not the teacher's pet Becky) :), reminded me of a quote that was used on the Biggest Loser the other night, and not that it was earth stopping, but it is the simplicity of it, ''Make Better Choices". See, it is very simple, but it does pack a whollop. I don't care what anyone says, this is hard, first losing the weight, then maintaining your weight after you do get to goal. Yesterday, I finally came to terms with "I have messed up." I had been beating myself up due to I let something happen that I had been so careful with since the first of the year, I let my guard down, just for a little while, and the ''Old Joan" resurfaced for a while. It has taken me a few days, but with a big stick I have been able to beat her back. So to try and find something positive from this detour I have had, I finally came up with this.....I am not cured, I am never going to be cured, I am always going to be just that one bite, lick or taste away from falling back to the Old Joan's way of life....I look backwards and I can see where I went wrong, and I can understand what went wrong. I look backwards a bit more and I also know what I was doing to be successful at weight loss. Now all that is left is moving forward, making better choices, and marking this up as something I do not want to repeat again. Will it happen again? Oh I am sure it will, but by being able to look back, I now know what I have to do.
So thanks to all of you for your encouragement, love and support. We need each other cause at some time we will all experience our ''old selves".

No comments:

Post a Comment