Friday, September 18, 2009

09-18-09..........Friday morning.

No one would have crossed the ocean if he could have gotten off the ship in the storm.
Charles Kettering
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
To begin with today, I just want to extend my deepest sympathy's to Sharilyn and her brother due to the loss of their Mother. If you got Sharilyn's e-mail yesterday you know by now she is in California, and Sharilyn, just want you to know your Weight Watcher Sister's here are lifting you up with prayer.
I have to say thank you again for all of you that have been so supportive of me this week, and with listening to my whining about over indulgences over the weekend. Becky, it was a celebration, one that most people that have known Bob for many years never expected to celebrate, to be quite honest, Bob never expected to get this far either. Good news is I am back on track, have two stars on the calendar now, so I am feeling much better due to I am now back in control. I will get on that scale in the morning and whatever the number shows, I will work from there.
It has been said and expressed many times here that we will all hit bumps in the road and we will be throw off track for a bit, but that does not mean we abandon ship. We put on that life preserver, example getting back to basics, going back to the beginning, and we anchor ourselves , with the anchor being all of you, to the ship, the ship is what I am doing right now, reaching out to each of you, and we hang on for dear life. This storm will pass, or as our Sister Sally from Wisconsin has told me many times this week, ''this too shall pass."
One of the best things all of you have done for me, was not allow me to take up a permanent residence on that pity pot. Now I had already begun to change my address from Washburn to Pity Street, but there was something Becky wrote to me yesterday, ''this will happen again." Did I honestly fool myself into thinking I would never be faced with the prospect of eating and drinking too much. The drinking was a fluke, due to it has been three years since I'd had any alcoholic drinks, I made up for lost time on Saturday. The sugar that is in alcohol helped to kick in my wanting to meet up with my long lost friends, ''The See's", lovely people, but you just don't want them in your house. I was given options, by Bob no less. This was a birthday gift too Bob from one of our dearest friends, but yet Bob knew how hard this was having that candy in the house, so he said, ''we can either throw it out or give it away". Now me being the martyr that I am, ''heaven's no....I can handle it." While in reality, I could not wait for Bob to get out of the room so I could have my torrid affair with that box of candy. Yes, I knew exactly what I was doing, and yes, it will no doubt happen again somewhere down the road.
Good news is, I have pulled up my big girl panties.....or thong as Cara put it.....and I am moving on. I am staying on the ship, I am riding out the storm, and I hope to see all of you tomorrow. I know Clare, Rhonda, Dana, Jennie of course Sharilyn and probably Betty won't be there tomorrow. You all will be missed, but we will see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment