Friday, September 4, 2009

September 04, 2009.....Friday

There is no point at which you can say, ''well, I'm successful now. I might as well take a nap."
Carrie Fisher
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
Our Sister gal pal, Jennifer, and since we have three on our e-mail list you better know who you are :). Jennifer is so very close to her goal. I am as excited for her as I was for myself when I got that close. So when I saw today's quote, I thought to myself, ''perfect timing."
I have heard Toni tell the story of a member at another one of her meeting, getting to goal and saying, ''I am now cured." Now not to scare the beejeebies out of anyone that is so close to goal, and by the way, our Wisconsin Sister Sally, is very close to goal as well, but I just want to make sure you do not fall into that false thinking of ''it's all over and I'm cured." Every time I think of being a lifetime member, I hear Cara's voice in my head, saying, ''welcome to hell." The woman speaks the truth. I have been very fortunate cause if I never paid attention to any other advice, ''welcome to hell" has been the piece of advice I took to heart.
I am still tracking, I am still waking up before any rooster has a chance to crow so I can not only talk with you all, but to get to the gym as well, I am still weighing in each week because that is exactly what is going to keep me on track. Only thing that has really changed for me, is I don't pay anymore.
Yes, I have my napping time, but the work to maintain the goal I have set for myself is never over. I can only take a 2 minute nap at most.ha. There will be times when you think, ''this is no different than it was when I was trying to get to goal." When you think like that, then you have got it. There is no difference, except, after you become an official lifetime member you won't have to pay unless you go over your goal weight. Realizing I still have to work at this, is what has kept me below my goal weight for over a month now.
I don't want to scare anyone that is getting close to goal, but a little fear is always good.

1 comment:

  1. I am getting closer to my goal and so it is timely that I see this post.
    I have caught myself thinking, "I'm almost done!" Sometimes I catch myself and sometimes I don't.
    I'm not almost done... I'm almost to goal...almost to maintenance... almost to the point that it's going to take EXTRA from me because I don't get the reward of seeing the number on the scale drop. I need to get to the point about the same number as a reward.
    Hmmm.... that'll be a switch.

    ReplyDelete