Wednesday, September 30, 2009

09-29-09..Tuesday's post

Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." Dale Carnegie
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
Do you ever just fell as if, ''I am never going to get to my goal?" I think we have all been there, and some of us have been there a really long time. The amazing thing is "We did not give up on ourselves!" Does not matter if we are a half pound or 50 pounds from our goal, the important thing here is we have kept on trying. As I've said before, and yes, it's worth repeating I have not found an ''Expiration" date on any of the Weight Watchers material or one stamped anywhere on our foreheads.
As most all of you know I have been working at this weight loss for the past 11 years. There are some people that when they hear this, their first reaction is, ''wow, that long?" That used to bother me, it did make me feel a bit like I was failing, then it finally hit me, ''if I had not been doing something, trying to take the weight off, I can only imagine how much bigger I would have gotten." I bet by now I would have been getting very close to the 500 pound mark. That is such a scary thing to have to think about, but it is that fear of ever being over 200 pounds that keeps me working as hard as I do. In those 11 years, I have done Jenny Craig (2 times), I did the Adkins low carb diet, now I did take 50 pounds off with that and I did keep it off, somewhere in there I had joined Curves to exercise. But, the last five years (in October) and my getting to goal has been due to the Weight Watchers program, but mostly the support I get from our Saturday morning group. The support has truly been the thing that has gotten me and kept me on this journey to better health.
Does not matter if you have 5 pounds to lost or 55 pounds to lose, it can be done only one way, and that is a pound at a time, and one day at a time. There are no magic bullets, and even when you get to goal we are not cured, we will still face all those things that make us want to eat as if it is going to be our very last meal.
So if you feel as thought getting to goal is hopeless, just remember...things are accomplished that seem hopeless.....so if your struggling, time to pull up those big girl panties/thong and get down to the business at hand. Today is the new day. Today is the day you start down that road to success.

No comments:

Post a Comment