Wednesday, September 16, 2009

09-16-09.....

"There is a remarkable difference between a commitment of 99% and 100%." Vic Conant
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.
I had to pose the above quote to myself and I did not care for the answer I got back, so I thought today would be a good day for us to explore this together.
Are we/me/you, giving our Weight Watchers plan even 75%? Are we/me/you following the Weight Watchers 4-way approach...which is?
Eating Smart, Attending meetings, Moving more, and building helpful habits? Some of us maybe getting 3 of the 4 , some of us may be getting 2 of the 4, then there are some of us that are still reading this asking ourselves, ''4-way approach, when did that come around?" I doubt very much that we are 100% or even 80% most of the time.
We need to start today, and re-commit to a better way of life. As some of you know the Biggest Loser show began again last night. These people come on the show asking for help, but when the brutal workout begin, then comes the moaning, groaning and excuses of why they can't do this. On the bus ride, it's all positive, how their lives are going to be changing, but I think, and some of us do the same thing, they don't realize the hard work that is going to have to be done. Hadn't we all rather take the path of least resistance? Hadn't we all rather ''have our cake and eat it too?"
We/me/You today, need to stop and really look at the big picture, not just the parts that we ''think'' we can do. We/Me/You, can eat smarter, but it takes planning, we can attend meetings, and if you can't make the one on Saturday morning, then get one in during the week, move more, you don't have to have a gym membership, you don't have to be at the gym at 5 a.m. you don't have to work out as long as that person that has muscles out to wherever. We can develop helpful/healthy habits. Does not mean that once in awhile you can't have the cake, or pizza, or whatever it is you want to kill for, but take it from one that has been dealing with the after effects of drinking on Saturday, and having that one small piece of birthday cake, once its in my system, it is hell trying to get back to where I need to be. But, I can and I will do this. I have not been able to do it overnight, but I WILL GET MYSELF BACK ON TRACK.
So think about this today. IF you are not where you want to be right now, if you are not where you thought you should be in your weight loss adventure/journey yet. Then think....how much percent are you giving this? We/ME/You are the only ones that can answer that question, but answer it honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment