Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April 1, 2009....Can You Do IT???

Good Morning W.W.F.F.,
Lisa B. hope you and your family are enjoying your vacation and getting in a lot of skiing.
Lisa T. (Love's Wife), I do hope trying to get organized did not keep you overwhelmed yesterday. Remember, sometimes baby steps are all you need.
I thought today we would do a little review here. I was thumbing through the book Rhonda gave me, and what I came across, just seem to be what some of us need to read today.
YOU CAN DO IT
Dream Big: Don't just try easy things because you know you'll succeed. Set that bar just a little higher. Maybe instead of walking for 30 minutes, pump it up to 40 minutes.
Make A Plan: Plans turn dreams into goals. Write down all the steps you have to take to achieve your dream. Then tackle those steps one at a time. Same thing Toni talks about when she tells us to story book.
Work everyday at your plan: Don't expect overnight success. Breaking Big Dreams down into little steps makes it seem more doable. If I looked at all the weight I had to lose, not a doubt in my mind that I would have become overwhelmed. This is why in the beginning, I took it 10 pounds at a time, then 5, now I'll take the tenths and am very happy with that loss.
Don't get discouraged: Sometimes a part of your plan won't work. Don't lose hope--sit down again and rewrite that step or next few steps, whatever the case maybe, until you can get back on track.
As we all know there is no magic bullet to this. It does take time, patience and a lot of endurance. So today if you need to re-focus, re-write or whatever it maybe you need to do if you have fallen off track a bit, then today is the day to do that. Do it for yourself. Demand a little more from yourself.
HE/SHE WHO DEMANDS LITTLE GETS IT
Ellen Glasgow, Novelist
WE have a new day, a new month so think about your dreams, your goals and then plan how your going to get there.
Wishing everyone a great day.
Hugs,
Joan 3rd. Row

2 comments:

  1. You are going to be such blessing to so many. Keep up the plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Sharilyn, that is so kind of you. I just want to help anyone that has had to struggle with weight loss like I have over the years.

    Thanks for stopping in for a visit.

    ReplyDelete