Friday, April 3, 2009

Don't let that Cookie Boss you around. 4-03-09

Good Morning W.W.F.F.,
Our Rhonda on the 3rd row will be gone this Saturday, as will Edi. Edi is going to go babysitting. Lisa B. is still on vacation, and I think those are the only ones that I know for sure that won't be there on Saturday. So Ladies, have a good weekend.
Here we have arrived at Friday yet again. For the most of us, that means tomorrow we will be back on the scale to see how our efforts of this week have paid off.
I have been saying this for the longest time, but I'll still continue to say it, probably more for myself than anyone else, and that is, ''DO NOT ALLOW THAT SCALE " to mess with your mind. As I said, I say this more for myself due to I know I'm getting so close to my goal that things are really going to slow down. I say this each week, I can handle staying the same, but just don't let me gain.
So what will I do if I do gain, knowing I've done everything possible and BY THE BOOK?? Here is what I hope I will do. I hope I will be able to look at that scale and walk away without having that feeling of ''well, what's the use". I hope I've grown that much since being on this journey. I hope, I don't say ''well, I worked my butt off this week, ate right, tracked, exercised and I still didn't see on the scale what I wanted, what time does Dairy Queen open"?
I don't want to say any of those things, AND, I don't want to allow that little metal box to have that much control over me.
Becky (Teacher's Pet) First Row on the right shared this quote with me the other day, and I loved it and you can insert whatever word you need.
YOU HAVE COME TOO FAR TO TAKE ORDERS FROM A COOKIE
Truer words have never been spoken. Hope to see the rest of you at the meeting tomorrow, and hope to see each of us LIGHTER.
Have a great day,
Hugs,
Joan 3rd. row

No comments:

Post a Comment