Monday, April 27, 2009

Don't stand Still!!!!!!!!!!!

EVEN IF YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK, YOU'LL GET RUN OVER IF YOU JUST SIT THERE.
Will Rogers
Good Morning W.W.F.F.,
I do hope everyone had a great weekend. The weather was just perfect, however there are some strange things happening here at McAdams Manor. Bob has always been the one to be cold. The man always wore a sweater both Winter and Summer and even would have a quilt thrown over him. When I say strange, yesterday Bob wanted the AC turned on, and I was the one that kept saying, ''but the thermostat reads 81, its not hot". So my insulation is gone and I can take the heat better.
Do you ever feel as if your just spinning your wheels, and everyone and everything is just passing you by? I have had that feeling from time to time, and when it came to my weight loss, it was never anything more I could have been doing. Yeah, RIGHT!!!!
If you ''think" your on a plateau, run these questions through your mind.
1. Am I tracking what I eat? This includes BLT'S,
2. Am I staying within my points?
3. Am I getting enough activity?
4. Am I going to my meetings for the support I need?
5. Am I doing the program the way the program is suppose to be done?
These are just a few things we can ask ourselves, but we have to remember to be honest. I told myself for a year and a half, ''oh I'm on a plateau". Now some people may honestly have been doing everything right and could have been on a plateau for that long, but I sure wasn't. It was not until I got honest with myself, that I came to terms with my plateau was, ''every time my elbow bent, my mouth flew open and I inserted Russell Stover's candy".
I am so proud to say that four months ago I gave up the "Russell Stover's Plateau", upped my activity, and there have been several amazing changes in me, other than the weight loss. The biggest change is without all that sugar in me, I'm more relaxed, I don't fly off the handle as quickly. When I was eating the sweets, any little derail from my routine would set me off. I sleep so much better, and I know part of that has to do with getting more activity in. Oh and the activity, what a great mood changer as well, great stress reliever. I've never been a moody person, have never been depressed either, but after I exercise I am on such a high that my whole day is so much better. I also know for a fact once you get into the exercise mode, you will be addicted, just ask Sally of Wisconsin, lol lol.
So if you are struggling and you have been telling yourself its a ''plateau" really give it some serious thought and see exactly what it is YOU are able to do to change this.
Toni, we hope you are home safe and sound, and things in Indy are okay.
I did hear from Lisa (Love's wife), our Lisa is fine. Robin (her little girl) needed her hair done on Saturday morning for pictures so Lisa was busy being a good Mama. Lisa, we want pictures of Robin.
Our Jenny is on the road. She is headed for Texas, so let's keep her in our prayers for a safe journey.
Still have not heard from Liz, hope every thing is ok there.
Rhonda, hope you had a great trip to the mountains.
Wishing everyone a great day, and get out there and do something nice for yourself.
Hugs,
Joan 3rd. Row.

No comments:

Post a Comment