Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Rough Seas

"Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm."

---Publilius Syrus
Good Morning W.W.F.F.,
Have to begin today with apologizing to Cara due to somehow her name got dropped from the e-mail when I hit the send button yesterday morning. Unless, I am out of town, the power is off, the computer is just not working for whatever reason, or I went to the great beyond, I am up sending out an e-mail, early. So if for any reason when anyone does not get one, please let me know. Trust me at 3 something in the a.m., even my coffee isn't strong enough to get my eyes open.
Shout out to Michele, hope you are feeling well. You were missed Saturday.
The above quote comes from my ''Quote of the day", I get online. When I read it this morning, I thought, ''Man is that ever true". When life, and things in our life are going smoothly as a rule our eating and activity goes smoothly. BUT, just let one little thing get out of sync and look out, won't be long until we are looking for Ben & Jerry, and I'm not talking about two of my cousins here.
When our life is a bit out of whack and we are able to stay on the straight and narrow I think that is when we need to give ourselves a high-five, oh man, this is where we could use some of Toni's Bravo Stars. But, anyway, we all know life gets in the way at time. For me, yesterday I could have used having the carpets cleaned as an excuse not to go walking at Mall, I could have also used the excuse, ''well, (oh best whining voice inserted here) I'll have to move all the furniture out, and then I'll have to move it all back, so why should I go do anymore activity, I did go to the pool this morning." Trust me, not too many weeks ago I would have gone with the ''whine'' attitude, but instead put Bob in the Van, drove to the Mall and walked for 45 minutes. At the end of last night when I took my pedometer off, I had over 20 thousand steps. I think that may have been an all time high number for me. It feels really good to know that when my life is not exactly day to day perfect, I can roll with the tide, and you can to. We just have to decide to DO IT!!!!!!!
Wishing everyone a great day. Stay Strong.
Hugs,
Joan 3rd. Row

No comments:

Post a Comment