Monday, April 20, 2009

We are Winners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try.
Dennis DeYoung
Good Morning W.W.F.F.,
I hope everyone had a great weekend, even though yesterday was pretty much a ''wash-out'' no pun intended.
I know a lot of us are having problems with the walking challenge as far as getting signed in. Michele has sent an e-mail to Weight Watchers, and today I am planning on calling the 1-800 number. Maybe, just maybe I will get a real live person to chat with. We will get results.
Love the quote this morning, was not the one I had planned to use, but when I saw it, I knew that was our quote for today.
I very much doubt that any of us whether it has been trying Weight Watchers before or some other program. We have no doubt tried everything under the sun.
For me when I was probably 9 or 10 my folks took me to the doctor, and he told them ''once she gets her period, I'm sure she will begin to lose her weight". Good Lord, I have already gone through the change several years back, and still didn't lose the weight. So there were doctors, and when I was in high school, I was on diet pills, well those sure were uppers and downers, then as I got older and on my own, Lord, the things I tried. There have been so many, that I have honestly lost count.
The good news is, I never gave up. Just like you all are not giving up. We are becoming those winners, because we keep giving it ''just one more try''. My tag line on the W.W. community is ''NEVER GIVE UP". Until this morning I don't think I realized just how strong that statement really is.
Sure we all are going to hit bumps, even potholes on our weight loss journey. But, this is a way of life, it is us changing not only our way of eating, but our way of thinking about food and exercise.
WINNERS ARE LOSERS WHO GOT UP AND GAVE IT ONE MORE TRY.
I like that. Wishing everyone a great day.
Hugs,
Joan 3rd. Row

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joan-can you add me to the email list sweetie? YOU LOOK WONDERFUL!!!!! I love this post-I feel like a failure since I have tried to lose weight for 26 years now! I almost wait for the ball to drop so I can say "See I told you so". Well, Im going to make a fresh start AGAIN and hope this is my lsat time :) XOXO Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki, I will add you to our daily e-mail list, and just remember you are never a failure until the day you refuse to try anymore.

    Hugs,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete