Friday, April 17, 2009

Struggles

IF THERE IS NO STRUGGLE, THERE IS NO PROGRESS
Frederick Douglass/ American Civil Rights Leader
Good Morning W.W.F.F.,
Hope everyone has had a good week, tomorrow is weigh in day, and I always look at my Fridays as a day of ''reflection". Did I eat too much of this? Did I eat too little all together? Could I have gotten in more activity? So many things begin to run through my mind.
As of this very moment, I can honestly say, ''I have done all I know to do". I have tracked, I have used portion control, and I have used my measuring cups and spoons, I have been to the gym, today will make five days, I walked the Mall three times (so far) this week. So I feel as if I've done my part.
However, there were still "Struggles" alone the way. But, if you think about it, if it were smooth sailing all the way through our weight loss journey, then for me, I don't think I would be as excited about the progress I have made. It seems you can't have "Progress" without a little ''Struggle". I also think it makes us stronger.
Thanks Cara for the loan of this morning's quote. I hope to see everyone tomorrow, and Michele, hope you continue to feel better, and keep us posted on how your doing.
We will miss Clare tomorrow, Jana is going to be visiting her family. So Clare, and Jana get a free pass for not being at our meeting tomorrow. Michele gets one only if she is too sick to show up, lol lol. The rest of you all, you better be there. :>) A Little Drill Sergeant humor there.
Wishing All a wonderful day, and hope to see EVERYONE LIGHTER.
Stay Strong,
Hugs,
Joan 3rd. Row.

No comments:

Post a Comment