Thursday, April 2, 2009

Battles...04-02-09

YOU MAY HAVE TO FIGHT A BATTLE MORE THAN ONCE TO WIN.
Margaret Thatcher, Former British Prime Minister
Good Morning W.W.F.F.,
When I saw the above quote I just knew it had to have been said by a woman, and I was right. There are so many areas of my life this quote rings true, but since we talk about weight loss, eating and all that goes with it, today it will be ringing in regards to my weight loss journey. With a little different take on the meaning.
When you've been overweight as I have been my entire life, there are things that happen after you lose a large amount of weight (137.6 pounds in the past 10 years and 4 months) that you really begin to notice. So just wanted to share a few of those with you this morning.
First off, and this maybe the biggie for me. My thighs don't rub together. Trust me if your thighs have never rubbed together, then you have no clue what I'm referring too. I so remember all those hot Summer days, that I would actually be rubbed raw just from the friction of my skin touching. I know way more information than anyone needs, especially this early.
Second, When I went places where sitting was involved, I would have to look around for the chair that would hold all my weight, and me. Have to admit, it is sorta like buying clothes, I still go to the much bigger sizes, I still scope out the furniture.
Third, and no doubt the best benefit, and that is I'm eating so much more healthy. I don't like that feeling of being bloated, and being so tired that I have trouble putting one foot in front of the other.
I love trying new recipes,even if some end up in the garbage, but most don't.
Fourth, and probably the most rewarding, is I don't allow anyone, I mean NO ONE, to rain on my parade. I know we all cannot be happy, all the time, but I'm sure we all have ran into those people that just seem to have that ''dark'' cloud hanging over them. That dark cloud is ''negativity", and nope, not going to have that messing up my party. I want to be around people that are going to help to lift me up, not anyone that wants to try and pull me down.
I'm sure there are tons more things, but these are the ''batt;es'' I have had to fight, over and over again, but TODAY, I am winning those battles,with a lot of help from my W.W.F.F., and anyone out there, that maybe struggling a little, just remember.....one day when you least expect it you will begin to win that battle for the last time.
FINISH STRONG!!!!!!!!!!!
Wishing Everyone a great Day.
Hugs to All,
Joan 3rd. Row

No comments:

Post a Comment