Thursday, April 16, 2009

Changing yourself....04-16-09

WHEN PATTERNS ARE BROKEN NEW THINGS OCCUR.
Good Morning W.W.F.F.,
Here we are again just 2 days before our weigh in. I hope everyone's week has been going well and that the only eggs that are being consumed from Easter would be the boiled type.
As many of you know my day yesterday was yet one filled with another N.S.V., I am beginning to really look forward to having the N.S.V.'s to help motivate me. I bought a new dress yesterday, I didn't even own a dress until yestereday. I was looking for a size 16 W, and had my sister on the phone with me. I was frustrated, due to there were no 16's and no "W"'s behind the dress size. With coaxing from my sister, she convinced me to try the 14 on. But, the 14 didn't come with a "W". I tried it on, and to my surprise it fit me perfectly. I cannot tell you all the emotional things that were going on with me when I put the dress on, and zipped it up and it fit. I hung it in the guest bedroom where I get dressed of the morning when I'm going to the gym. I hung it there last night before going to bed due to I was pretty sure it was all a dream and when I went in there this morning there would be no size 14 dress. Well, it was not a dream, and when I began W.W., if I had to have a dress it would have been size 24/26. Now, I have a regular size 14. Marilyn Monroe was a size 14 Ladies. :>)
I have been thinking a lot about the changes I have made in the last few years, but more so in just the last few months. For me just to get up and go to the gym, I considered that to be way above and beyond the call of duty. To go walking on purpose....you have to be kidding...now I am up and ready for the gym,( and most days the new woman that opens is there by 4:45)so I'm in there and on the elliptical or in the pool way before 5 a.m. Then I get Bob ready for the day, and I run to the Mall to actually walk that area.
Talk about making changes. These things are just so out of the ordinary for me. Now if I can't get to the gym, or to the Mall, I feel as if something is missing. It's a lot like not being able to get to my W.W. meeting on Saturday morning, I feel a bit lost. All these are good, no they are great things.
Let us not forget, that one morning just as a fluke, I decided to send out an e-mail to the maybe six W.W. friends that I had their e-mail addresses. Now look, we have grown to 31 people, each of us looking to break those old patterns, and to build newer ones.
When I began this journey, I had no plans at all of changing anything. I thought I'd go to a few meetings, and maybe lose a few pounds, quit, gain back the weight, which would bring friends, and continue on with that pattern. This time its been different. I cannot change the world or anyone in it, BUT I can change myself and have a completely new way of looking at the world.
Wishing Everyone A GREAT Day.
Hugs,
Joan 3rd. Row.

No comments:

Post a Comment