Sunday, April 19, 2009

Staying Strong

If you wish success in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius.

---Jospeph Addison
Good Morning W.W.F.F.,
The above quote has some really good advice. Especially about ''making perseverance your bosom friend". We had out weigh-in and meeting yesterday, and I always have this ''tinge'' for a split second , and begin to think, ''oh its Saturday, what can I have for a treat". Experience, has taught me that I cannot for even a moment stray from my plan ,that for the past few weeks has helped me to lose the weight I have. I think I have made Perseverance my bosom friend.
For me, as it is for many of you, I am trying to get to my goal weight. For many here on our e-mail list we have Lifetimers trying to stay FREE. I think we all know what works for us, and it works as long as we work it. Problem is for me, when I let up just a little, then I fall into a lot of trouble. So I think we have to decide what it is that is important to us. Those few moments of pleasure on our lips or the fear that the one serving is going to lead to the entire package.
At this very moment I chose not to even open the package. Staying strong, and staying focused can be very hard, until we decide, ''this is the way I want things to be".
OK, hope everyone gets online at the walking site and signed up. Remember our team name is Toni's Trotters.
Wishing Everyone a great day and week,
Hugs,
Joan 3rd. Row

No comments:

Post a Comment