Sunday, April 5, 2009

Failure/Success 04-05-09

I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And
that is why I succeed. Michael Jordan , American businessman & Basketball player
Good Morning W.W.F.F., (Weight Watcher Friends Forever),
First off, want to welcome Emily (whose moving to Iowa, you will be missed) and Mary to our little group. We welcome you both, and hope you enjoy our daily e-mails, and anytime jump right in.
We missed Rhonda, Edi, Denise (who was on Spring Break), Jana, where were you, did you and the doggies walk all the way to China, and forget to come back? I feel like there was others missing, but it 4:50 a.m. and my brain is not awake just yet. So if you were not at yesterday's w.w. meeting, we missed you.
Love the above quote, loaned to me by Cara, and with the stress we put ourselves under to succeed, I find it refreshing to know that someone like Michael Jordan had times that he felt as if he was failing.
There was a lot of talk about candy, cake, all those things that we normally don't eat and having them....if we want them...on special occasions. I for one, have finally come to realize after a lifetime of kidding myself, that I can no longer have those special treats at anytime. If I do, then I have that monkey on my back all over again. When people talk about ''you know how it taste", yep, that is the problem, I know how it taste. I so envy people that can eat their favorite things and do it in moderation.
I took a big bowl of strawberries down to my sister's, I had sliced them sweetened them with splenda, and she knew I was bring them, and she made a yellow cake to serve with them. Have to tell you all I was so very proud of myself due to I never even ate any of the strawberries and stayed away from the cake all together. In fact, after tracking my food for yesterday on my e-tools, I came up with 3 points leftover yesterday, and didn't dip into the 35 bonus points at all. Never, Never has that happened to me when I've gone to visit my sister. It is those N.S.V.'s that are helping to keep me on track, as well as, I have finally come to terms with the things I can no longer have, and not long ago that would have made me feel sad, but today, I feel like a SUCCESS story just about ready to be told.
Wishing everyone a great day, and a great week.
Hugs,
Joan 3rd. row.

No comments:

Post a Comment