Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Bites, licks & taste of life..

If you BITE it, WRITE it.
If you DRINK it, INK it.
If you SNACK it, TRACK it.
If you NIBBLE it, SCRIBBLE it.
Good Morning W.W.F.F.,
Found the above quote from one of my older Weight Watcher books that I keep notes in, and thought ''oh, this is GOOD"!!!!!!!!
Don't know about the rest of you, but since we are all in this together I would say you all have done pretty much the same thing I am about to mention.
Going to someone's house for a party or dinner, whatever, and for me I would always fine the buffet table first, and I would station myself there, if anyone wanted to talk to me, they could find me guarding the desserts. Trust me there was no WRITE IT, INK IT, TRACK IT or SCRIBBLING IT done whatsoever. In those days I was more in the Coma state.
I mention all of this due to....yes, you guessed it, Easter is upon us...candies, family dinners Aunt Maude's famous whatever, but here is the kicker to all of this. So what if we don't indulge in Aunt Maude's best dish that is loaded with all the stuff that got us here in the first place. If you can handle just a taste, then fine, but if Aunt Maude's ''whatever'' is a trigger, then all I can say is tell Aunt Maude your highly allergic and one bite could immediately put you in the ER, then add....and Aunt Maude, I know you would not want that to happen...We have to protect ourselves, we have to be willing to say NO THANK YOU to the food pushers, and we have to say NO TO OURSELVES.
I went to the grocery yesterday and was hungry, now we all know you NEVER do that. All those great smelling things, it was almost more than I could handle, and at one point my hand did actually reach for something, the entire time, me telling myself, ''oh Bob would like that", like Bob would ever see it. Then this other voice, and I think it was mine, but right now I'm leaning more toward ''DEVINE INTERVENTION'' said, ''are you willing to take the risk"? It was as if I had been slapped up side the head. I dropped said item as if it were on fire, continued my shopping and came home with what was ONLY ON MY LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A N.S.V.
Just remember to have a plan, to track and to ask yourself, AM I WILLING TO TAKE THE RISK?
Wishing everyone a great day,
Hugs,
Joan 3rd. row.

No comments:

Post a Comment