Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Going Forward

I DON'T WANT TO FINISH WHERE I STARTED
Good Morning Dear W.W.F.F.,
Hope everyone did not put away all their Winter clothes thinking we were in Spring. I am so ready for warm weather. Want to wish luck to our Lady Cards, won't say anything else about that, don't want to jinx them.
Here we go, N.S.V. for me yesterday, and that was I ended my day with 5.58 miles on my pedometer, so very proud about that AND, that is an all time record for me. No wonder my feet are hurting this morning.
The quote is from one of our previous meetings, but with Easter upon us I wanted to again hammer it home we don't want to start messing up. As I've mentioned before I am in awe of those of you that can take one or two bites of something you really like and then move on. I've never been that type person and since I'm in my mid 50's don't imagine I will ever be one of those people, but have to say, I do envy you all that can do this.
At the first of the year if I had not changed my thinking, and changed my attitude, then I was well on my way back to where I started. What is that old saying a "a second on the lips, a lifetime on the hips". For me at this moment that second on the lips is just not worth what it could/would turn into.
Enjoy Easter, it is a time for family, a time for renewing. Finish your meal, help clear the table, if there are going to be little kids there, hide some Easter Eggs for them, or if the weather is nice take a walk after dinner, there you'll have some activity points and if you just have to have that dessert, then you have earned it. Don't eat until you are so stuff you have to be hauled away from the table. Eat until you get your ''sigh'', and stop. I have faith that we can enjoy our holidays, without it becoming a time to pig out.
Keep going forward, not backwards. Wishing Everyone a great Tuesday.
Hugs,
Joan 3rd. Row

No comments:

Post a Comment