Wednesday, April 22, 2009

You choise which to do.

Success never comes to those who sit and stare: It comes to those who act and dare.
Anonymous
Good Morning W.W.F.F. (Weight Watcher Friends Forever),
Michele if you read this today, we hope everything went well with your surgery yesterday, and that your resting well.
Want to welcome an old friend of mine to the group. Vicki, and I have known one another for years, but have never met face to face. I have made wonderful friends due to the Internet, and Vicki is one of them. Vicki, lives in Pennsylvania. So welcome to the daily get together, and to all of my W.W.F.F., Vicki and I are so much alike, we could almost be twins, due to she has struggled with her weight almost as long as I have. So Vicki, you have a great group of ladies here, and they are all very supportive. Welcome, and feel free to chime in at anytime.
Love the quote for today. I was one of those that ''sit and stared". I'd see people out walking, exercising, and I'd think, ''boy wish I could do that", I would see people eat one serving of something or other and thing, ''boy wish I could do that", I've watched others at our Weight Watcher meeting reach goals and I'd say, ''boy wish I could do that". Well, why couldn't I do that???
Here are some of the reasons I THINK I felt I couldn't do those thing....lazy, not feeling I deserved being more in control, thinking I was not worthy to be one of those that get to write their name on the poster board under, ''Lifetime Member". If I sat here and really give it a lot of thought, I could no doubt come up with at least 25 reasons no excuses that I felt I couldn't be successful.
Maybe right now your having your own little pity party due to things are not going the way you want them to. Guess what, the only thing you can change is the things about yourself. You can't change anyone's thinking but your own, you cannot change the weather, you cannot change that darn traffic light that seems to catch you at the very time you just don't have a moment to wait. You cannot change anyone's negative talk, but we can change ourselves. I want to know who has ever had a pity party that when it was over with you actually felt better?
If your week so far has not been what you had hoped it would be, today is the day to make it what you want it to be. We all can find time to set down and make a plan. Life is going to happen, something's we can be in control and the other things, well, might as well just roll with the flow.
Are you just going to SIT & STARE, wringing your hands, wailing, ''why can't I do this" OR are you going to ACT & DARE. Take ACTION and DARE to become a success. The choice is up to you.
Wishing Everyone a wonderful day,
Hugs,
Joan 3rd. Row

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Joan for keeping us so connected!

    ReplyDelete