Thursday, June 18, 2009

Are You Parking???

The road to success is dotted with many a tempting parking places.
Anonymous
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
Last Saturday Toni mentioned to the group about doing a six weeks activity challenge. The challenge is just for ourselves. Question here is. Has anyone challenged themselves this week? Are you putting a few extra steps on that pedometer, or maybe you are just now deciding to wear a pedometer to check out your steps daily. Just wondering how it is going for each of you. For me, I have been trying to get in a few extra miles each day, and so far I have done really well except for Tuesday, but Tuesday was not a bad mileage day at all.
So here we are its Thursday, we have today and tomorrow before we step upon that scale again. Are you feeling pretty good about your week so far? The above quote make me think of myself, when I read it. Due to for over a year and a half I did feel as if I was setting parked somewhere. Oh, it had nothing to do the Weight Watcher program, it was all due to me. I think when we have a lot of weight to lose we do get to a certain point when we are able to buy smaller clothes, people are giving up compliments, we can actually walk without passing out from not getting enough oxygen, and we think, ''oh I can maybe not work so hard now". I think we get comfortable and yes, we find a parking space, and we park there for awhile, and then we like to call that a ''plateau" when in reality, its just us not working as hard as we should.
So if you have found you a parking space, and you have been setting there for awhile, maybe its time to step on the gas put it in drive and leave that parking space. Maybe its time to do what you know deep down needs to be done. No one said this was going to be easy, but really what worthwhile thing have you ever done that when you succeeded has been easy. It's the same with our weight loss journey. I call it a weight loss journey, due to it is never going to end if we are to become and remain successful.
Wishing Everyone a wonderful day,
Hugs & Stay Strong,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment