Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Commitment...ARE YOU??

Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer.
Marcia Wieder
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
How much commitment are you giving to your weight loss program? Are you just hitting a few roadblocks or it it more like the breaks have gone out and your spiraling down hill at neck break speed.
More and more I hear, ''its the weekends that get me." I can so understand this, due to I was always the very same way until I had to commit to this one thing, and that was this.
For this program to work for me, I have to follow it to the "T". No, this does not mean I can never eat out, it does not mean I can never have a cocktail, it does not mean I cannot take a vacation and have a good time. What it did and still does mean, is this. I have to decide which is more important to me, going out to eat, and asking for that take home box at the beginning of the meal, or will I set there, and even after I hear the sigh continue to pick and eat off the plate until I am miserable and there is nothing left there. Then I leave feeling defeated. When I took my vacation, the decision had already been made between myself and my TISSter, that yes, we will go eat out, but we are going to share the food. The places we ate at just two years ago, we each got a meal and they were big meals, and I would finish mine, feeling as if I needed the jaws of life to remove me from the chair.
I made a commitment to myself back when I joined Weight Watchers going on four years ago. I fell short of that commitment, and fell short many time, but I never gave up. This past January, I decided it was time to recommit to what I set out to do, and it has been hard work, but the results have been amazing.
Sometimes we just need to stop what we are doing due to its not working, and re-start what we know will work. There are going to always be something trying to throw us off track, and you know it does not even have to be food related, it can actually be people trying to throw you off track.
So do you need to make a new commitment? If so, do it this very day, don't allow another day, week, month or year go by. We are strong, and we are worth the effort it takes to reach our goals.
Wishing all a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment