Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Which category do you fall into?

Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen others, MAKE IT HAPPEN.
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
While looking back at some previous Weight Watcher notes, I saw this quote and thought, today would be a great time to use it all over again.
Here we are already getting halfway through 2009. I just realized this yesterday while writing a check, ''we are already in the sixth month". Where on earth has the time gone. Then I began to think about in six months all the things I have gotten accomplished.
I painted the condo, survived an ice storm without allowing Bob to freeze to death, :>), got lots of closet cleaning done, survived having our income taxes done, which by the way that is one thing I never know if I will survive, ha. Took my trip to see my TISSter, and the one that I have left for last, but may very well be my biggest accomplishment and that is I finally got on track with the Weight Watcher program, and have been able to stay on track.
I think its always good to stop and take a look back, and ask yourself, ''am I really doing what it takes to accomplish that end result"? For me I had to finally decide just how bad I did want to make it to goal or was I just going to be content in losing a pound this week, but then gaining two pounds the next week. That had pretty much for the past year and half been the way I was doing things.
I have to admit, at 215 that was also new territory for me. So I think I had gotten comfortable there, my clothes fit, I was making progress in getting ready for my knee replacement and hip replacement that happened last year. People were telling me how good I looked, and I was believing them.
Then.....for whatever the reason something just clicked with me in January and I knew I wanted more. I was ready to get to my goal, I was ready to take the steps to make this very thing happen. The rest, well, I can't say it's History, due to I am going to always have to work to keep the weight off, BUT, I will say this, I do think I fall into the ''others'' category and I am MAKING IT HAPPEN.
If you are struggling, if you keep losing and gaining the same 5 pounds over and over, maybe it is time to stop, breath, and evaluate what you are doing now and what you NEED to be doing.
Wishing all a wonderful on track day,
Hugs,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment