Wednesday, June 17, 2009

GETTING UP AGAIN & AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get up.
Vince Lombardi
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
Quick shout out to Edi, who may still be in Wisconsin with family, Betty & Denise who I am missing, and trusting everything is going well with both of you. Our Jana is back from vacation, and I heard it from a very good source she exercised everyday she was on vacation. Our Wisconsin Sally is right now kicking butt she is so motivated. Sally had dinner with some gal pals last night, and we all know that can prove to be trouble. First Sally walked around the Mall, and when her meal came she asked for a take home box before she took her first bite. Very proud of you Sally and what a NSV (Non Scale Victory) that is. Christiane, I hope your dinner out went as well, and you were able to walk out of there feeling empowered.
We have all at some point in our lives have gotten knocked down. Oh my, have no idea how many times I have gotten knocked down on this weight loss journey. I could have thrown in the towel and walked away when the going got rough, and I have done that so many times before. I think, no, I know one of the big reasons I have stuck it out this time is due to the wonderful support I get from each of you. I can honestly say at no time in my life have I ever enjoyed getting together each week, and each morning with a group of ladies.
If one of us stumble and fall, we have 37 more to come help pick us up. No we cannot do the work for each other, BUT, we can offer the support that so often is missing. We want to help lift each other up, we don't want to see one of our own struggling. We reach out and offer a hand. However, as supporters, there is only so much each of us can do. The real job falls on our own shoulders. Are we willing to do the hard work, or had we rather set on the sidelines wringing our hands while saying, "I am doing everything right, but the scale just won't move downward". So first off, here is what we have to do.
1. Dig out those Weight Watchers books that at the beginning of the year we received each week. Blow the dust off them and re-read them. You will be amazed at what you might learn.
2. Get out from in front of the TV or computer and go for a walk. Trust me, I know the weather is hot and humid, and we are dodging rain on a daily basis, but if nothing else walk around your house. Put that pedometer on and watch those steps add up.
3. Be honest with yourself. I know at one time I had myself convinced I was doing all I could do, and the scale just hated me. In reality, yes, I was doing all I could do NOT to succeed. There were these two men I had been having an affair with.....have I gotten your attention yet.....Ben & Jerry, they will forever be the love of my life. However, we have had to end our torrid affair and guess what, doing that I finally made it to goal.
I am sure there are many more things the rest of you can come up with. It is no sin to fall down, the sin is laying there wallowing in the self-pity that comes alone with not getting back up. So if you have been struggling lately, you/me/we have at least two choices. Get up dust yourself off, look in the mirror and say, ''I AM WORTH ALL THIS HARD WORK!" Or, you/me/we can continue to flop around like a fish out of water.
Falling down is the easy part, the real courage is in getting back up.
Wishing Everyone a wonderful day,
Hugs,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment