Saturday, June 20, 2009

Saturday after Weight Watchers 06-20-09

If you are reading this you will know Bob and I have our electricity back. Of course it waited until I had filled all the coolers with ice and began the ''big transfer", but you know what? Not a big deal, I am just looking at that as ''MORE ACTIVITY POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!" Thinking positive here. :>)
We had several "missing in Action" today. Liz, Jennifer D., Anne, Alicia, Betty M., Denise, Mary Mac, Jenny, but I know where Jenny is. So if anyone else was missing and I failed to name you, just know you were missed, but I took notes for you all.
Today's meeting:
Mother was right!!!!!!!! Well, about eating breakfast anyway.
1. Breakfast deserves Variety.
2. Stretch your breakfast with filling food. (peppers, spinach, etc.)
3. Power up with Protein. (I think we forget just how important it is to have some protein at each meal) Just my opinion.
4. Favorites make them fun. Eye appeal is as much as anything else. Don't just glob it on your plate, make the presentation look nice. Yes, it maybe just for you, but are you not worth that little extra effort?
Our challenge for the week is to eat something different for breakfast and Toni gave this recipe and I promised I would put it in the e-mail.
Weight Watcher Maple Brown Sugar oatmeal 1 container.
1 small can peaches or pears, or whatever fruit you may like, but it has to be in its own juices.
Now this is what you do.
Spray a Pyrex dish with Pam, drain your fruit, set the juice aside due to you will be using that later. Pour the fruit in sprayed dish, then add the one container of W.W. Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal, spray some butter on there, ''I can't believe its not butter", ''Brumble & Brown" the stuff in the spray bottle. The pour your reserved juice on top of that. Put in a 350 oven for 30 minutes until done. This makes one serving, and I know the oatmeal is 2 points, but don't know how much the fruit is.
So there you go. Already, we have a new recipe to begin our new week with.
It was great seeing everyone today. I was down .4, I was up .2 last week, but I've lost that plus .2 extra. So I think I am doing pretty well for two weeks on maintenance.
Wishing everyone a great day, and a great weekend. Let's not forget its Father's Day.
Hugs to all,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment