Friday, June 12, 2009

Are you ready for some change.

The first step toward change is acceptance....Change is not something you do, it's something you allow.
Will Garcia
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
Here we are at the end of the week again. Can it be Friday already? This has been my first week to be on maintenance, and I think I have done pretty well. If you ever thought adding a few points to your daily food intake would be easy, well it's not hard, but I do have to do a bit more thinking and planning. I keep thinking, ''now wait a minute, I had to give up points as I lost weight, now you want me to add points". As I said, I think I have done pretty well, due to I have not been overly stuffed, but I have not been wanting to graze either. It is learning, and it is change, and I guess that is why its called MAINTENANCE.
Each and everyday our lives change in some way or other. Sometimes it is for the good other times we may stand back and ask the question, ''why now"? While I was gone on vacation and Kevin and Marc stayed with their Dad, Bob twisted his back. Now we all know how bad it is if we hurt our backs, but just think about this. Here is a man than has total body ankle-lotis (no joints move & I know I have not spelled it correctly), his spine does not bend, his left arm is the only limb he has that will bend. He walks on crutches, and has done that since he was a teenager, and then his back gets twisted? This change is not something any of us actually allowed, it just happened. Now trust me if that were me, I would be so pissed at the world and looking to the Heaven's asking God, ''now just what kind of warped sense of humor do you have?" Now that is what I would be doing. Not Bob. Bob even though he is much better, his back is still painful, but Bob looks to the Heaven's and says to God, ''do with me this day what seems good in your sight". Bob has uttered that same prayer for as long as I've know him, and I knew the man 15 years before I married him nearly 11 years ago. I asked him one day, ''why do you say that prayer every morning?" His reply to me was, ''well, it has worked so far, so why change it now?"
Things are going to change. Sometimes it will be for the good, and sometimes it may be just because we need to stop look at whatever it is that has changed in a whole different light. Yep, change happens everyday, sometimes we see it and sometimes it happens and we never even realize it did.
Hope to see EVERYONE tomorrow,
Hugs,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment