Monday, June 8, 2009

GET 'R DONE!!!!!!!!!

Saying is one thing, and doing is another.
Montaigne
Good Monday Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
I do hope everyone had a really nice weekend, the weather was just about perfect. So hope each of you were able to get some activity points in.
Betty M. just want you to know....we do not or will not give up on anyone....we all get busy from time to time, and with school graduations, vacations and just all the stuff that seems to go on in the Summer, its expected that people can't always make it to a meeting. So never fear, you are stuck with my babbling, until you tell me, ''please remove my name from your e-mail list". So no worries and glad we can be of support.
I saw the above quote in a book I bought some months ago, and I thought to myself, ''oh that is good, I can make that work in my e-mails."
How many times during our life have we uttered the phrase, ''I'll do that tomorrow?" Before I got serious about my weight loss, mine was an every day occurrence. Its the same with exercise, "I should get the clothes I have hung on the treadmill, and I should begin walking on that." Or, tomorrow morning I'm going to set my alarm and be at the gym right when it opens.
What happens, ''oh, I'll do that tomorrow." GUESS WHAT???? IT IS TOMORROW!!!!!!!
No one has to tell me how hard it is to get up at the time I do, and believe me there are days I just had so much rather roll over and forget I even heard the alarm. I know if you have not been exercising like you know you should be that you are not going to believe me when I tell you this....once you get into the habit,you will actually look forward to exercising....I know if someone told me that a few months ago, and I would have had to asked, ''and how much of that wacky weed are you using a day?"
Exercise and good eating habits go hand in hand. I suppose you can lose the weight without exercise, BUT, I don't think you'll be able to keep it gone. That first day, you may think, ''call 911 NOW!!!!!", and that is the reason you begin slowly and also make sure you check with your doctor. The thing you don't want to do is hurt yourself and then have yet another excuse of, ''everytime I try to exercise I hurt myself".
So let me ask you this.....IS today the day you take a step forward to begin an exercise regiment or are you still going to wait until TOMORROW...? Are you going to be a "talker" or a "doer"?
Wishing everyone a wonderful, healthy day,and stay strong,
Hugs,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment