Friday, June 26, 2009

Inventory.

Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer.
Marcie Wieder
Good Friday Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
I realized yesterday that we were exactly at the 6 months mark before Christmas 2009. OK now, stop yelling at me. Ha. This did get me to thinking about the year that has already gone by, and I began to look back a little and do a little inventory. That inventory brought up some thoughts and questions, and this morning I thought we would do a little looking back.
Did you make a resolution in January that this would be your year to get to your goal?
Did you resolve to be just the most perfect of all Weight Watcher members?
Maybe your resolution was something as simple as tracking, honestly and religiously this year. Did you resolve to exercise each and everyday, taking only one or two days off for rest?
All these things I have asked are no doubt the things that all of us at some point and time have done at the beginning of the year. I know there was not a year that went by that I did not promise myself , ''come this years birthday I will be under 200 pounds". It has taken me all of 39 years to actually see that resolution finally come true.
The year I was turning 50, I had every intention of being below the 200 pound mark, however, my 50th came alone with a big Hawaiian theme party thrown by my three Stepsons, and I do have pictures, and as I look back on them, I realized this, ''there is nothing any sadder than a 300 pound person in a coconut bra and grass skirt acting as if they are having a good time." However, at the end of 2002, I was still hovering around the 300 pound mark. So I stopped making New Year resolutions.
This year I never made any resolutions, but this year I will be celebrating my 57th, birthday by not only being at my goal weight, but hopefully staying below that number. That is my gift to myself, and I cannot think of a better gift to give oneself.
Sometimes I think, we need to look back, take an inventory and see what we have accomplished, and also look at those things we need to work on. Its not too late we still have six months left this year.
Wishing Everyone a good day.
See U Lighter tomorrow,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment