Monday, June 15, 2009

Getting back up again.

Fall Down 7 times Get up 8.
Anonymous
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
I hope everyone had a good weekend, both socially as well as food wise. Sally left for home yesterday, and I am pleased to say she made it home safe and sound. She will be back in September for Bob's blow out birthday party.
Fall down seven times get up eight. Boy, does that ever hit home for me, but I just bet it does for the rest of you as well. We fall off the wagon, we get caught in the wheels as they roll over us, and it seems that just as we get to the point of throwing up our hands up to call it quits, the wagon stops, we get up from underneath the wheel and we begin again.
We have all been there, it maybe an up-coming wedding, or a vacation that we want to lose those extra pounds for, and as soon as that event is over, the weight seems to find its way right back to our butts and thighs. All that hard work to have it short lived. That got me to thinking....why do we do that to ourselves??? After we worked so hard to get the weight off. Was it not what we thought it would be? Were we expecting our lives to change in some big way? If we answer no to these two questions, then what is the answer?
Like I said, I have been giving this some serious thought due to I don't want to repeat my past and I think if anything I (and I can only speak for myself) become careless. All those times before when I have gained and lost weight, but I only did Weight Watchers once before this time, so it was not like I kept returning to the same things. I would try anything and every thing that sounded new, easy and of course it was advertised with models that you could already see their rib cages, no flaws on those people.
This is real life. Real things are going to happen to throw us off track. There will be times when we do want to throw our hands up and say, ''I QUIT!!" The good news here is I know we are none quitters. Yes, there are times whether it be due to illness or injury or just our own selves getting in the way that we fall from the wagon get wrapped around the wheel and are run over time after time, BUT, we don't quit. We keep thinking, ''this maybe the time", this maybe the time I actually get it right. So I have to try one more time.
So if you have been struggling for awhile, don't give up, remember this, falling down in the easy part, getting up is the part that takes real determination.
Wishing Everyone a great day,
Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment